Would you believe me if I said that I can’t really remember eating squash growing up?
In fact, I had never heard of a spaghetti squash until I moved in with Matt. Truth be told I was a bit hesitant to even try it the first time he cooked it.
Now, I’m in love. With the squash and with Matt.
1. Cut in half and scope out the seeds into the sink.
2. Place emptied out squash on cookie sheet.
3. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, Garlic Gold + bake at 425 or so, until you can stick a fork through the skin of the squash.
4. Pull squash out and let cool. When you are ready for the fun to begin grab a fork and rake it down the center of the squash.
5. Ooh and awe as you marvel over its resemblance to real spaghetti.
6. Fan the smoke detector as it goes off because you ‘lightly charred’ the squash.
7. Grab some ingredients to make a quick dinner.
8. Thank your boyfriend (or me!).
What is your favorite squash?