I love quinoa.
But, I have two confessions to make.
1. I didn’t know it was pronounced Keen-Wa for far too long.
2. I had been a tad bit intimidated to cook with the funny named grain.
Luckily I am happy to say that those days are behind me! And luckily for you, I have a fool proof quinoa recipe in case you were suffering from confession #2. Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone!
- 1/2 c Quinoa
- 1/3 c Water
- 1 Can Chunked Pineapple; with liquid
- 1 Chicken Breast; cooked and shredded
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper
- How to: Bring all ingredients together and to a boil. Allow to cook for a few minutes and then remove from heat and allow quinoa to soak up the remaining pineapple juice. Serve hot or cold.
While I was making dinner the other night I threw this together on the side since I knew Matt and I would both be eating dinner out of the house a few nights this week.
Now we both get to eat a delicious, healthy meal on the go instead of sustaining on bars (me) and Ramen Noodles (him). Win, win!
Hello easiest meal of your life!