There are a few things I should clear up:
1. The Midwest is crazy about football.
2. Iowa is crazy about the University of Iowa Hawkeyes.
3. Iowa City (home of the Hawkeyes) is crazy about tailgating.
And tomorrow is our first game of the season.
Of course people go to watch the Hawkeyes dominate, but other activities are usually involved.
You know, normal things like:
- Wearing vintage Hawkeye shirts
- Making funny faces in photographs
- Drinking beer at 5 in the morning
- Cooking out of the back of your car
- Walking a few miles to find a parking spot
- Occasionally passing out before the game starts at 12.
It’s a tradition! And the whole state of Iowa participates.
Although we’ll be out of town this weekend, we’ll be there in spirit.
What sport reigned supreme at your college? Anyone have any cool mascot names?