I can’t say it enough: I love Frittatas. I love them. They are the perfect meal.
You can eat them for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
They are healthy.
They are easy.
They are cheap to make.
They are a clean out your fridge kind of meal.
You can eat them heated or at room temperature.
You can doll them up, or go for a more simple approach.
Need I say more?
How about a recipe?
Roasted Veggie Frittata
- Veggies of all kinds
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 c milk
- Cheese, lots of cheese
1. Dice veggies and roast on a cookie sheet until they’ve reached your desired consistency.
2. Eat some veggies, save some veggies, and put the rest in a oven-safe pan.
3. Whisk eggs with milk and add to heated pan.
4. Allow the sides of the egg mixture to pull away from the pan a bit.
5. Top frittata with cheese and put into oven at 400 degrees until cooked thoroughly, and cheese is melted.
Play around with the recipe. Do egg whites instead of eggs if you’d like. Test out different kinds of cheese. Feta. Mozzarella. Goat. Throw in every veggie you can find. Don’t forget to share!
Caution: Your dogs might try to steal a piece when you photograph your lunch for your blog.