Wednesdays are going to be the death of me! Let’s rewind:
I’ve been staring at this smoothie mix since I got home from the Healthy Living Summit and this morning I decided today was the day to try it.
In the blender I added:
- A serving of Vega Cho-a-Lot Smoothie mix
- A handful of frozen raspberries
- A glug of soy milk
- A tad bit of plain yogurt
It tasted like a cold glass of thick pudding. It was perfect!
Thanks again Heather for trading me the Tropical Tango for the Choc-o-lat! I owe you big time!
Topped with some oatmeal.
In between classes I snacked on some cashews.
After class Matt, his sister Michelle, and I headed to Panchero’s for lunch. I brought my SLR but the battery wasn’t fully charged so I’m sans lunch photo.
Imagine a salad with:
- Black Beans
- Grilled Veggies
- Corn Salsa
- Medium Salsa
All nestled on top of a homemade tortilla. Delicious!
While meal planning on Sunday Matt & I dreamt up the idea of Pulled Pork Nachos and they lived up to their name!
Matt threw the pork into the crock-pot earlier today with some seasonings and when I came home I got to work on assembling the masterpiece.
We topped the tortilla chips with the pork, some queso fresco cheese, red onions, zucchini, and of course fresh salsa & plain yogurt.
After dinner I rushed off to a swim coaches meeting – I’m so excited to get to coach more this Fall – and now I’m ready to kick back and eat some ice cream!
Chia Seed Giveaway
Interested in winning a bag of Chia Seeds?
1. Tell me how you’ll use Chia Seeds as part of your healthy lifestyle. In baked goods? On salads? As an oatmeal topping?
2. Tweet about this giveaway! Tweet “@whatkateate I want to win Chia Seeds http://www.whatkateate.com”  and let me know that you did!
3. Mention this giveaway on a post of your own or email a friend the details and let me know!
Please enter a new comment for each way you entered so I can enter you more than once to win!
I’ll pick a winner Saturday morning!