I’m a true believer that beautiful food tastes better. So the same must be true of the presentation, right? I used one of my new floral bowls to serve myself a simple breakfast of Cascadian Farms cereal with some Vanilla Almond Milk.
Side shot. Plus a browning banana on the side.
We had an hour break in between our lifeguarding shifts at work so we headed to Applebee’s for a quick bite. Since the Triathlon I have been craving french fries but I hadn’t had the chance to get them until today. Per usual, Applebee’s french fries did not disappoint.
I am teaching a Lifeguarding certification class all weekend, so I needed something quick to eat while I taught last night. I had the other half of my Chicken Fajita Roll up + some berries.
I dealt with my sweet tooth by picking up a few Peanut Butter Pretzels from the Co-op. Does anything sound better that Peanut Butter covered pretzels?
They truly are as good as they look. And they are addicting! I usually only buy them from the bulk bins as a road trip treat for Matt + I when we hit the open road for a vacation or trip somewhere.
Is your Eating Season-ized?
Most of us in the blogging community do a pretty good job about eating what’s in season. But I find myself reaching for different types of food as the seasons change. I’ll forever stick by Winter-friendly staples like Oatmeal + Sweet Potatoes, but come warmer weather I like to say hello to some long lost friends.
- Berries – The only time that I can actually afford to eat berries is once the weather warms up.
- Yogurt – Smoothies make more appearances come Spring + I’ve never met a yogurt filled smoothie I didn’t like.
- Cereal – I have a hard time eating warmer based cereals first thing in the morning, so I increase my cereal intake come May.
- Cottage Cheese – Cottage cheese has always screamed summer to me, and although I eat it all year round I especially enjoy it after Memorial Day.
- Melons – Enough said.
- Lemonade + Juice – I used to shy away from juices or any beverage with calories in it for that matter, but I do love a refreshing glass every once in a while.
- Fish – With a snow-covered grill we don’t get nearly as much seafood in the Winter as we’d like, so we make up for it as soon as possible.
What are your favorite summer foods?