Sorry for my last of food photos this weekend. I am happy to report that although I had a Lifeguarding class all weekend I still managed to squeeze in some R&R, tasty eats, and some exercise. Successful weekend in my book!
Stonyfield Vanilla, pineapple, Bare Naked Mango Agave Almond Granola, Blackberry Parfait.
Tropical Overnight Oats: Oats, Yogurt, Milk, Chia Seeds, Kiwi, Pineapple.
Frosted Flakes, Soy Milk, Braeburn.
El Ranchero: Chips & Salsa, Shrimp Fajitas split with Matt, a bed of lettuce turned into a Fajita salad, with a hidden tortilla of course.
Sparti’s: A Greek salad with grilled chicken, huge chunks of feta, and a tasty pita.
A failure of a wrap that included some pita, lettuce, grilled onions, hummus, Muenster cheese, and some mayo with a side of pineapple.
Tasting Plate: Pita, carrots, Oasis hummus, Newmans Own Mango Salsa.
Rising Moon Organics Feta-Hazelnut Ravioli with sauteed red onions and sweet potatoes, topped with feta.
- 1/4 c BBQ Sauce of Choice
- 1/2 Fresh Lemon
- 2 Medium Pork Boneless Tenderloins
- Seasonings: Salt & Pepper
- How to: Cut pork into kebab size chunks, season with salt and pepper, and allow to marinate in a bowl with BBQ sauce & juice of 1/2 a fresh lemon. Cut scallions into inch wide chunks and when meat has marinated to your likely assemble pork & scallions on skewers. Grill & enjoy.
- 2 Medium Sized Potatoes (I used Red)
- Seasonings: Pepper, Salt, Cumin, Spanish Paprika
- How to: Preheat oven to 450*. Slice potatoes into wedge shapes and mix with desired amount of the above seasonings. Arrange on a cookie sheet or grill to cook.
Moves & More
Friday afternoon I did this weeks free yoga video from Yoga Today which was easily one of the best classes I’ve taken via internet.
After work Matt & I headed to our neighbors house for the tail end of a birthday celebration. I enjoyed a Mikes Hard Lemonade and half of a piece of the most decadent peanut butter brownie known to man.
Sadly I didn’t bring a camera because I didn’t plan to eat or drink, but sometimes you just gotta go with it.
Saturday after I finished up my Lifeguarding class I headed home and Matt and I took the pups on a glorious stroll through some corn fields.
Sunday I did some indirect working out as part of the last day of the Lifeguard class.
What kind of movement did you do this weekend?
Love Your Body
Today as you plan, prepare, and eat your food think about every single step that went into its growth, production, and travel to get to your plate. Think about every single person who played a part in making this food accessible to you. Give thanks.
Hope everyone has had a rocking start to their week, cant wait to catch up on everyone’s weekend happenings!